Deltech Manufacturing is a North American leader in the design and manufacture of equipment energy production, lumber drying, and power generation. The company primarily serves the North American market. Deltech Manufacturing offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market, producing everything from simple PLC systems, to full turn-key thermal oil heating systems coupled with electrical power generation and/or lumber drying kilns or material dryers. Deltech Manufacturing manufactures equipment to meet the needs of our customers. The company has over 120 employees working out of its divisions located in the Province of British Columbia, namely in Prince George, BC.
Deltech Manufacturing is currently looking for a candidate to fill Controls Engineer position. Reporting to the Automation Manager, the Controls Engineer, you will participate in the design of automated systems using technical specifications, plans, and technical drawings in accordance with industry norms and standards. You will also perform the start-up and commissioning of automated equipment on site at the client’s location.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design and program automated systems (simple or complex) on different types of PLCs and operator interfaces (HMI).
- Install and troubleshoot automated systems.
- Participate in system start-up at the client’s location.
- Occasionally design the electrical engineering.
- Write technical documents relating to the maintenance of an automated system.
- Ensure that the systems that are sold work in a production environment and meet the expectations of our clients.
- Post-secondary education or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Electrical Engineering or instrumentation engineering program with a specialization in Automation or an equivalent.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Rockwell products (Allen-Bradley), Wonderware HMI, FactoryTalk View HMI, SQL database.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and enjoy challenges.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Have a good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
- Be available to travel to our clients’ location for periods varying from one to three consecutive weeks.
You must possess strong communication skills and have demonstrated a capacity for teamwork. You must also have initiative, be autonomous, and demonstrate that you are able to effectively evolve in a constantly changing environment. You enjoy challenges and working with equipment that is on the cutting edge of technology, you want to be part of a dynamic team, and you want to participate in the success of a growing company? We want to hear from you.
Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications can forward their candidacy by email to: email@example.com