Territory: South/ Southeast (i.e. FL, AL, GA, TN)
The privately-owned BID Group has over 30 years of experience in providing industry leading solutions for our highly-valued customers. Powered by BID Construction, Comact, PHL, DelTech, BID Service, McGehee, MoCo, and Miller Manufacturing, our company provides efficient and reliable equipment and services that exceed our customer’s expectations. Our ability to provide turnkey solutions that include engineering, project management, installation, start up, and after-sales service furthers our strategic value to our customers.
Working under the supervision of the Aftermarket Sales Manager, the Outside Sales Representative is a highly motivated, energetic, responsive and resourceful sales professional who will work with many external & internal contributors to promote, raise awareness, and ultimately drive increased opportunity and sales in your defined territory. These opportunities will be for parts, retrofits, software upgrades, and technical service on existing BID Group products. The outside sales representative is committed to our customer’s satisfaction, and will travel extensively within their territory to nurture relationships, and foster loyally to BID Group brands and products through exceptional responsiveness and service.
- Promoting aftermarket product & service offerings
- Answering requests from customers and provide fast, courteous and accurate information, quotes and proposals
- Analyzing the customer sales requests to fully understand the need, and communicating internally to validate information to ensure BID Group has the capability to exceed the customer’s needs
- Managing customer accounts using CRM software tool – keep it current (meeting summaries, contact info, etc.)
- Generating “quotation requests” using CRM software, tracking through the estimating process, and presenting final solutions to clients
- Confirming sales orders with the customer and ensuring that the delivery date is respected
- Up-selling our products, following-up on quotes, and informing our customers of product innovations, and new offerings
- Working closely with inside sales & service representatives; providing & following-up on service report parts quotations, spare parts lists, and equipment retrofits
Training and Skill Set
- 3 years of experience in sales or service, is required to apply for this position. Any other relevant experience and/or training will be considered
- Sawmill industry knowledge would be a major asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and/or knowledge of industrial components used in machine fabrication, and the ability to read fabrication drawings & blueprints is a definite asset
- Solid understanding of Industrial Automation, Process Control, and/or machine vision systems is a definite asset
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail with excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with clients, vendors and co-workers
- Computer skills needed (Word, Excel, Autocad, and other specialized software)
- Be able to function under pressure, enjoy customer contact and enjoy teamwork
- Analytical mind, attention to details, rigorous, methodical, self-motivated and driven
If you have all the job qualifications and are looking for a challenge, please apply to this position. We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially. Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the posting name “Outside Aftermarket Sales Representative”
EOE/ E-Verify/ Drug Testing
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.