Office Location: Jacksonville, FL
The privately-owned BID Group has over 30 years of experience in providing industry leading solutions for our highly-valued customers. Powered by BID Construction, Comact, PHL, DelTech, BID Service, McGehee, MoCo, and Miller Manufacturing, our company provides efficient and reliable equipment and services that exceed our customer’s expectations. Our ability to provide turnkey solutions that include engineering, project management, installation, start up, and after-sales service furthers our strategic value to our customers.
The PLC Technician is a highly motivated professional working in the BID Group Service Division. As a key member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in field servicing, maintaining, and fine-tuning highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems (i.e. VFD’s, hydraulic, pneumatic, scanning and other sub-systems designed by BID). The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and build close working relationships with team members, Engineering and Project Management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
- Adhering to and promoting company safety standards
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with Comact system
- Carrying-out scheduled service visits
- Completing preventative maintenance, following checklists, and training clients on the systems
- Fine-tuning highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems (controls devices, VFD’s, hydraulics, etc.)
- Providing remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service in support of our call center
- Training new clients on system in class room environment
- Completing timely & thorough service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Communicating with vendors, internal contacts, and customers
NOTE: Extensive travel within North America
Training and Skill Set:
- Have a background and/or education in one of the following: Control Systems or Electrical Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering Technology
- Know Rockwell Automation & Allen Bradley ControlLogix platforms
- Be familiar with industrial control network configuration, testing, monitoring and repair
- Possess an understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and variable frequency drives (VFD’s)
- Preference given to those with work experience with sawmill / planer mill equipment
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical with superior attention to detail with excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with clients, vendors, and co-workers
- Able to read fabrication and assembly drawings
- Able to function under pressure and enjoy customer contact, have leadership qualities, and teamwork attitude
EOE/ E-Verify/ Drug Testing
If you have all the job qualifications and are looking for a challenge, please apply to this position. We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially. Forward your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name “PLC Technician”
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.